Monday, April 27, 2009

It's just 100 calories!

I am completely addicted to the 100 calorie pack options that soooo many foods come in now. How nice of them to take the responsibility of portion control off my shoulders! You would think it would make more sense just to buy the regular box of cookies, read the label and decide how many I can have for only 100 calories... but this is too much work and those darn snack companies know me so well. I will pay more for the convenience of the individually portioned and packaged option. Why does it feel healthier!? I have been loving the Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies and have one after dinner pretty much every night. A few nights ago, I grabbed 2 bags (because I was especially hungry for cookies and it's only 200 calories for both... that's still a low number. Don't judge me!) and after eating the first one, I opened the second one and got a big surprise.... they had somehow filled this bag to the brim with at least 3x the amount of cookies that come in a regular package! It was a little sad how excited I got about it, but it totally made my day because it was like cheating the system! I got 3x the cookies for only 100 calories (shut up, the bag said 100 calories and that's all I'm counting)! I think these little bags of 100 calorie goodness are the devil in disguise, tricking us all.

I would like to take a moment to note.... this is the kind of wild, interesting things that I will be blogging about. Fair warning! I told you my life isn't that exciting :)

2 comments:

  1. I would just like you to know that I am extremely jealous that my 100 cal packs always have the correct amount of cookies in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh the fudge stripe cookies are AMAZING!! We used to get those all the time! I am also jealous that I have never hit the 100 cal pack bonus bag lottery... maybe someday... just maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete