Wednesday, April 29, 2009

As Seen On TV

I LOVE shopping and sometimes I think it may be a problem.... like when I had a bad day and only the purchase of a new shirt will make me feel better! And you know what normally happens to those new clothes? They end up in my closet to be worn once or never at all because somehow things look different from the dressing room to my bedroom. You would think I could just return the items, but no..... I always am very confident when I get my items home and rip off the tags and throw them away. No good. I thought I would share a couple of of my shopping experiences this week......

On Monday after work I decided to go shoe shopping at DSW and I found cute little black heeled sandals for the low low price of $29.99. At the checkout counter, the woman working proceeds to tell me about the weekend she wore those exact same shoes and how comfortable they were the whole time. She continued to tell me that she had been drinking quite a bit and maybe that's why her feet didn't hurt. Also, I now know about her that she drinks Tequila, goes crazy when she does, so that's why she doesn't drink very often. I found myself in a 5 min. conversation about how happy we were that she knew her limits and that drinking mass quantities of Tequila wasn't a problem in her life since she was responsible about it. Really... I just wanted the shoes.

I went to Walgreens to get.... well I don't remember what I was there for. Actually, I think it was just one of those feelings like, "I need to get something at Walgreens" and I was driving by one so I just went in. What I ended up buying was some makeup that I don't need because it was buy one get one half off and that's just a good deal. I tried to find stuff that I could use to help decorate for our trivia team's CSI theme, but had no luck there. And then there it was... the As Seen On TV section. For only $10 I became the proud owner of those little plastic rings that you hook onto your bra straps in the back that hold them together, so if you wear a shirt with a racer back, your bra straps would be hidden. I got home, tried it immediately, and I LOVE it! It does all the things that the commercial promised! I was so excited that I went into my closet to grab one of those hard to wear shirts that would no longer be a problem anymore. Here's the thing.... I don't own ANY shirts like that! Apparently I have been diligent about only buying shirts that will cover my bra straps as they normally are. Soo.... now I have 6 multi colored rings and no articles of clothing that require their services. On the up side, I feel like it's ok for me to go shopping again :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, could you go buy the "Rub-off" hair remover thing? I really want to try that, as it would come in quite handy at the race tracks where there are no adequate showers and it's too hot to wear pants.

    ReplyDelete